CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Our Cursed October


So...some people were wondering about our bad luck last month. Let me tell you a few of the biggies and then you will see why I am so thankful for November!


Oct 2 was a busy day. We had soccer, football, and concession stand to do for the girl's basketball. This was also the day Josh was leaving with the kids to go hunting. As he was loading up the trailer a car pulls up and delivers papers to him. The window washer that fell two years ago is suing us...again. That was the night that the trailer was totalled and the truck smashed. I also got a call this same night and when I returned the call it was a calling to serve in the stake young women's presidency as second counselor. I joked that bad things come in threes. Ha Ha the joke was on me.

This month I hit a deer in Stacey's van....not my van with the scraped bumber but her new van! Josh got a letter from the county telling him to close the track because proper permits were not filed. We got a letter telling us to lisence our dogs or pay a $634 fine. Meg got a ticket, Josh got a ticket, I applied for a job and didn't get it. On Thursday I fought with a friend, Megan was puking, two kids had the runs, we were carving pumpkins when our water in the house quit working. The tank was full and the well was fine, but no running water to flush the toilet or get a washrag wet. These are just the biggie things that stand out right now. I am sure that there was more but I have blocked those things out. I just kept saying my prayers and hanging on in hopes that November will be better. It has to be.

So these are yuckie things of October. I am so happy it is done!

6 comments:

Hoffmaniacs said...

Whew! Sounds like October was a tough month. Hopefully things are a little smoother in November. We'll send happy thoughts into the atmosphere for you :)

Ginger

Janessa Couch said...

Well, November started off with a bang for you. It was a fun party and I do not think there were problems with that so I believe your cursing has been lifted.

http://elderwolfedr.blogspot.com said...

Well, I'm with you. Bon voyage October!!! What a month, BUT at least Ben didn't try to drown Josh and I this month. That was September! What will November bring???

Michelle said...

After reading about your month, I'd better not complain about mine!!! Hope you have a better month in November.

Grandmagretzky said...

Oh my heck...I can't believe the things going on last month! I knew about a few of them, but had no idea. What was up with the water? I'm so sorry about the job, Melissa...I know you were realy hoping for that.

Loralee and the gang... said...

Sorry to hear about your tough month...November has got to be better for you guys!
Love you lots
Loralee:)