CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

What to do when it snows...

Bury your brother (but leave a breathing hole or straw)
Do some crafts with a friend
Bundle up

Eat snow...but only the white stuff!

We have also watched a lot of movies, taught the boys how to sew, texted (Megan), tried to make an igloo, and did lots of sledding! I think I have washed about 4 outfits for each of the little kids each day. They keep coming in wet and frozen. Max came in today crying because he fell through the ice in the creek and his feet were frozen. I asked why he was wearing crocks and he told me that I always make him wear crocks when he plays in the creek! I just keep reminding myself that he is Josh's son...the apple doesn't fall far from the tree! I also told him if he did it again his toes would turn black and could fall off. We will see what tomorrow brings.

5 comments:

Loralee and the gang... said...

How fun! Snow days in Oregon were always the greatest, because they are few and far between. I will never forget the winter snowstorm we had one year - we had about 3 feet on the ground, and I don't know how many snow days! (Mom probably remembers, though!) This storm happened I think before Josh was two, so he wouldn't remember it...how many snow days have your kids had, anyway?

Janessa Couch said...

I am so glad that Max was listening to his mother. :) You guys have quite a bit more snow then we do.

Michelle said...

Here in Idaho they don't close school unless it's 20 below zero or the roads are blown closed.

Rachel said...

Will you teach me how to sew? I figure if your boys can learn, then so can I, right?

Laura Smith said...

Love your blog!!! I loved reading about crocks in the creek! I couldn't believe your October - WOW. Actually, after staying up WAY too late reading your blog, I realized I lead a very boring life compaired to you. You are an amazing mom - it's so fun to read all about the "happenings" in your life! Hopefully we will see you when we finally move to Vancouver. Merry Christmas!