CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Summer Highlights

We began the summer with a trip to Disneyland and California Adventure, then got on the cruise ship and headed to the Mexican Riviera! We made it to Cabo, Mazatlan, and Puerto Vallarta. The kids were able to play with dolphins and lots of other fun things.

Then we got home and went to our family reunion for the weekend of the 4th of July!

After the reunion the boys both had Day camp. Grandpa and I were volunteers for a day that week and it was a blast. I am so happy that my boys get along with each other.

Then Megan was off to basketball camp.

Our next adventure of the summer happened the day Megan got home from camp. We went to the Ward Campout and Grandpa Lynn came with us. Dad was the MC and put together a great little program about the pioneers. Curtis Updike may have been a little too happy when it was done...as you can see from the big kiss he planted on Josh's cheek.

The next week Megan left to go to China. She stayed with our good friends David and Judy Chen. While she was there she learned a little about the language, a lot aobut the culture, and made some very good friends. She was able to work in David's office and had a lot of fun.

That was the same week we took our little piggy Earl to the Washington County Fair. It was Mitch's first year at fair and we learned so much. Wow! We are doing things way different next year. It was a blast. Mitch worked really hard and our good friend Lorretta let us put a tent up next to her trailer so we could be there to do barn duty and take care of Earl. Saying good bye to earl was much harder for Mitch than we expected it to be. He shed a lot of tears, but still wants to raise a pig next year for fair again. Max raised a pig and she went away 2 weeks ago. He hasn't asked any questions...

Let's see that takes us up to August. Ok this is so long. Sorry about all the details. I am going to leave it here for now and maybe tomorrow or Monday I can put in the pictures and details from August. I really can't believe how quick the summer went. I am going thru closets and dressers getting school clothes and supplies ready for next week and it boggles my mind that the kids are going back to school already.

1 comment:

Loralee and the gang... said...

I know exactly what you mean..this summer was way too short! I think in our case it was because winter lasted until May 2. (yes we had new snow that day, and I thought I was going to go crazy). I'm sure hoping for a loonnnnnggggg Indian summer. But the forecast doesn't look so good. Hey and I think that's really cool that Dad got to do Day Camp with you, too.