CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

School is in!!!







So for the first time I am home all day without kids...they are all in school!
Mary started kindergarten today and goes all day for 3 days a week. She woke up and was worried she had missed the bus. Then after going to the bathroom 3 times...as soon as the bus rounded the corner she had to go again. She was more than a little nervous. I drove to the school to meet the bus and then ate breakfast with her, Mitch, and Max. Mitch is in 5th grade this year and Max is in 3rd grade.
Megan is a Junior!!! How crazy is that! She is starting to think about colleges and what she wants to do. She was anxious to get to school and get some classes changed around. Her and Mitch are my basketball players so we have a few months before that starts but Max is doing football this fall and Mary is signed up for soccer....but we don't know if it is going to work out. She claims that the coach was very rude to her and she might not be able to play. I was there and unfortunately the coach didn't get the memo that Mary rules most things she does and when Mary tried to change up the coaches plans it didn't work. So now she doesn't know if she can play. I almost laughed out loud when the coach sweetly told her she didn't have to do the drill she could sit with me until she was ready to play. Mary's jaw dropped and then her little fists balled up and she was off the field and ready to go home. So I guess we will work on being a team player. She had the same reaction on Monday. She came running to me with tears and said the kids were beng rude to her (her favorite phrase if she doesn't get her way). I asked her how and she said they wouldn't let her have 5 turns on the rope swing! Imagine that! I am afraid to find out who was rude to her at school...

Lucky for us the other kids are not as dramatic.....ok never mind they are all that dramatic who am I kidding!

3 comments:

Loralee and the gang... said...

Cute first day of school pictures. I was going to blog ours, but I got busy-distracted-yesterday morning and they were out the door and gone before I realized I missed taking the pictures. Usually we all go to the school and I do it there, but they wanted to ride the bus the first day this year. So independent! I will have to come up with something else for the start-of-school blog...

Grandma H. said...

All the kids in school? That seems impossible. Time sure does fly!

I can hear Grandma Ball laughing at the story about Mary and her "attitude".

love you all and keep the pictures coming!!

Aunt Mary Ann

Michelle said...

I wonder if it's a "youngest" attitude. Mine seems to have that problem too! Have to work on that in our area also!