CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Our Little Movie Star




This was a fun week for Max...he spent Tuesday filming the movie The Bicyclist. It is a 2 year series on the web and a 90 minute film for the big screen has just "wrapped". I learned that lingo on Tuesday! In fact we are invited to a "wrap party" tonight but it is Cory Zaugg's birthday and he is having a party and BBQ at the track that I wouldn't miss for anything!



Ok...back to Max...He spent 9+ hours on Tuesday shooting 8 scenes for the movie and he was amazing! It started out bad. He had to ride a very old school bike with funky handlebars and a banana seat. While he was practicing on the bike he wiped out. I didn't think anything of it until I saw that he was crying. If it was any of my other kids I still wouldn't think anything, but Max doesn't cry!



He was really hurt. He had blood dripping off his elbow and a scrape at least 8 inches long and 3 inches wide, which is pretty much his whole arm. His chest was scraped up and the handlebar stabbed into his thigh leaving one of those really deep bruises. He still hurts and it has been a couple of days.



So after he was cleaned up and his nerves settled, they figured he wouldn't be able to work. But his Dad's genes started to kick in because he worked hard the rest of the day. He shot each scene like a champ. Some of the scenes he had to do over 50 times. One of them was done with bare feet on a gravel driveway. He had a cuts between his toes from the kickstand and the soles of his feet were cut up. I told him next time he should request a stunt double!



Natalie, his 8 year old co-star was really cute and a bit fiesty. In order to act out the movie he said he just pretended she was Kimberly Jordan. She had learned how to ride a bike last week. When he was shooting the scene where he saves his bike from being run over by her furious dad, I asked him how he was able to look so scared. He told me he wasn't acting he really was scared. Jayme told him that Howard had learned to drive last week while Natalie was learning to ride. The makeup lady was irritated that I didn't explain to him that they were kidding about Howard, but I figured the motivation was working for him and I would clear it up later.



By the end of the day Natalie had fallen in love with Max (who wouldn't, he is such a charmer) and she kept writing "I love Max" in the gravel. I told him it was so awesome that at only 8 years old he was already an action star with a love story! He just smiled.

5 comments:

Emily said...

Ah...memories. Young love is so cute. I hope Max is ok. Thanks for the comments on my talk.

Shawn, Kayla, Evalie and Evan said...

Hi Melissa! That is so cool for Max! What a wonderful experience...is he the next Shia Lebouf? (w/o obviously the drinking and driving accidents). Your sons will find other ways to break their hands/fingers...etc. Love you guys!!!!!!

Rachel said...

Now I will be related to two movie stars. Yes, I'm planning on Max marrying Mary. I hope that is okay with Natalie. If not, it sounds like the makings for a great new movie script.

Cam said...

Such a wonderful and crazy tale. The crash and then ponying up the rest of the day! What a star, literally:) c'ya after conf.

Janessa Couch said...

What a cute blog. My daughters told me that Max was a movie star, now I know they were not bluffing. How fun. Hey Max, can I get your autograph?